Return to Work-shop
In a nutshell
The Mothers Work! Return to work-shop involves a delightfully small group of women coming together for a friendly day (during school hours) of personal, professional and domestic preparation for their return to work. Hosted in a relaxed environment by Jessica Chivers, coach and author of Mothers Work! How to Get a Grip on Guilt and Make a Smooth Return to Work, this is a day that will give your dynamism a dusting down (no Mr Sheen required and if you didn’t feel dynamic before you had a baby we can still give you a dust off) and fill you with confidence about your return to work. We’ll enjoy a delicious lunch and fuel ourselves with fruity treats, herbal teas, coffee and home baking throughout the day to keep our conversations focussed and fruitful. Described by private and corporate clients as “an utter joy,” ”and inspiration to women” and “able to put everyone at their ease” you’re in warm, professional hands for the day.
Book your place (opens a pdf booking form)
MARVELLOUS OFFER ALERT
** If booking with a friend up to two weeks before the workshop date you’ll save over 35% on the standard price
(£70 each compared to the standard solo booking of £110). **
Carry on reading for a more detailed account of what the day involves and all the other bits of info you may want before booking your place.
“Jessica Chivers is the type of person you don’t come across very often. She has an energy that not only rubs off on everyone around her but that inspires you to really think about your career and the way you approach you work and home lives.” Becky McMichael, Head of Strategy, Ruder Finn.
Next workshop date
Monday 1st October 2012, 9.30am – 3pm
What happens at the workshop?
We start at 9.30am and finish at 3pm. During that time exactly what we do is different for each group depending on what you’ve told us is most important to you (we ask for a steer on your booking form as to what’s on your mind about returning to work). You can be sure we cover all the main elements of preparing to make a smooth return to work and typically women go away from our sessions feeling they have:
- A clear idea of what their ideal work scenario is
- Increased confidence about asking for what they want at work
- Prepared their pitch for flexible working and considered how to overcome any objections
- Heightened their sense of professional credibility and capability
- Established what they need to do to make a smooth return
- Considered how best to engage their partner in domestic life
- Increased their positive feeling about working motherhood
- Planned for times when childcare fails, guilt sets in and other unplanned horrors of working motherhood
- Got some strategies in place to thrive outside work
“Jessica’s understanding of business, her creative approach to learning solutions together with her love of people and desire to help individuals realise their full potential makes Jessica the perfect addition to any organisation.” Hannah Donovan, Talent Executive, The Mind Gym
Who is it for?
The day is aimed at women preparing to make a return to work after maternity leave or who have recently returned (within the last 6-12 months). The workshop will run with a minimum of six and a maximum of 10 including you plus your host/facilitator/tea lady for the day, Jessica Chivers. Wherever you are in the world you are welcome and we can recommend places to stay if you are travelling from afar.
If you have a group of friends or colleagues who would like to make a private booking on a date of your choice please get in touch. Different locations can be arranged.
“Her ability to put everyone at their ease and her infectious enthusiasm for the subject make her one of those people who make you smile when you hear her name. Extremely professional and gifted, but jolly nice with it.” Lisa Nichols, The Book Mums
Where is the workshop?
The workshop takes place at Jessica’s coaching space in St Albans, Hertfordshire around the kitchen table where many a buzzing conversation and resulting action plans have been created. It’s a fresh, warm and relaxed space 10 minutes cab ride from St Albans train station and five minutes from J6 of the M1/ J21 of the M25. We’ll send you the exact location at the time of booking. Here’s a picture of the table in relaxed and fresh mode:
The standard solo booking price is £110. If booking and paying at the same time with a friend or colleague up to two weeks before the workshop date the joint price is £140 (a saving of over 35% on the standard solo price so do book early).
The cost of the workshop includes all refreshments, lunch, materials and a copy of Mothers Work! worth £10.99. Absolutely no hidden extras or attempts to sell you souvenir magazines or over-priced ice-creams on the day. If the heat’s on we may crack open a box of Mini Milk but they’re on us.
Great, how do I book?
Click here to book your place (opens a pdf booking form). Remember that to get the discounted price of £70 you need to pay for yourself and your friend at the same time at least two weeks before the workshop date.
Answers to other things you might be wondering
- Can I bring baby? It’s preferable if gorgeous boy/girl stays at home and you have half a day of freedom. However, if you need to bring him or her along we have places for little one to sleep undisturbed in perfect peace (not that we expect him or her to be sedate all day!)
- Is there parking? Yes, easy parking outside the house. We’re a 10 minute cab ride from St Albans rail station and five minutes from J6 of the M1/J21 of the M25. We’ll send our exact location when you book.
- I’m shy will I be OK? We’ll be a fairly small group and you can say as little or as much as you like. You’ll probably find listening to others will naturally make you want to chip in with your thoughts and questions too.
- Is there an alternative to a group workshop? Yes, private one to one sessions with Jessica are available as an alternative where we work purely to your agenda. Contact Jessica for availability via the Get in Touch page (usually Mondays and Fridays during the day for face to face, telephone or Skype meetings and evenings by special request).
- I’m not a first time mum, is this workshop for me? First, second, third time motherhood; we’re not counting. The session is about strategies to make working motherhood easier, smoother and more enjoyable and you are most welcome.